Old 05-30-2009, 04:46 PM   #18
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
In all honesty... if we keep an American presence in Iraq and are capable of turning the tide of thought to a much more pro-American view such as in Japan and South Korea I think we'll enjoy smart people coming out of Iraq. The problem in the middle east has been extreme religious (Islamic) insanity. Without that the entire region and even the world would be a better place. It's nice if you want to practice a faith but forcing everyone to do it from birth and making it the central focus in everyone's life to the point of advocating violence is much of the reason why we call the Dark Age (which was Christianity in Europe)... the DARK Age. The kid in the article sounds like he's got a good track in life and best of luck to him.
it doesn't matter how long americans remain in that area of the world. those people hate us and will always hate us. the minute this war ends and the troops come home, that place is going to return to the war torn piece of **** it has always been.

and with that kid, he seems good now. but a majority of the higher ups in those terrorist groups are guys who 20-30 years ago were good kids went to american schools and then years later became fanatics who hate america.

i know it sounds like a dickhead way to think, but i would much rather not do anything for anyone in that area of the world, rather than educate or help them and regret it in a few years.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote