Old 05-30-2009, 04:14 PM   #15
Anaximines
Anaximines

Anaximines

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
... and how many more like him have been suppressed, not given a proper education and taught that women are not even close to equal, due to insane regimes... essentially how many potentially amazing individuals have been corrupted due to the leadership around them and forced into a life of poverty? War is a part of life and while the WMD readon for Iraq was a bit silly (granted they would eventually go for them), it's going to do a tremendous amount for the people in that nation assuming their elected leadership takes a step forward rather than backwards. You're from Berkley though so your stance is expected. People are stupid and people rarely RARELY change. The only power for change true change in this world is "brainwashing" through either violence, education or the use of media.
Whoa, whoa, whoa, first of all I wasn't necessarily saying that the current war is needless (I meant it just as much in reference to 9/11), I certainly agree with you on the human-rights benefits to westernizing Iraq. But the article says that this kid moved away from Iraq 6 years ago, meaning that he spent his (formative) first 10 years in Iraq, and he doesn't seem to be too bad off for it (of course that's not saying that the oppressive culture there didn't hurt his intellectual development).

Yes, I'm from Berkeley but I have only been here for 10 months and I spent the first 24 years of my life in conservative Oklahoma voting for Bush

Things aren't always what they seem.
Anaximines is offline   Reply With Quote