Old 05-17-2009, 07:01 PM   #23
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Juwan The Headless Thompson Gunner!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
If we get our running game going, Orton will be fine. He's not obsessed with showing people his arm strength and taking ridiculous chances with the pass.

Lovie Smith was seemingly determined that Rex Grossman was going to be the starter. When Orton finally got his chance, he made the most of it. That's the difference. I think Shanahan promised Cutler the starting job ASAP. Orton had to work to prove himself...
Orton was so highly prized in Chicago that they brought SOB in and thought he was going to be the answer.

Orton got his shot with DA BEARS last year, he did good until he had to play on bum ankle.

Then this year Lovie decideds to hold a mini camp prior to the draft, I still believe they moved this camp up to evaluate if they needed to upgrade the QB position.

Neither Lovie or Turner (OC) are considered O masterminds but there was a reason Orton bounced between 3rd, 2nd, and 1st string.

That said I still think he will be what the team needs for this comming rebuilding year but he is not the long term answer.

The good thing is he will be playing for a contract this year. Bad thing is that if he plays good enough we may have to pay him and end up stuck with him.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote