hambone13
Ring of Famer

Salty Lurking Vet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Gump-Esque

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdf View Post
I used to be a commercial litigator. My bosses were frequently a$$holes. Things did things without consulting ME ME ME that affected ME ME ME. They said things they didn't really mean. I didn't get all bent over every time one of them was rude or dissed me and threaten to go to another firm. And I wasn't even under contract. But go to another firm and some of the folks you work for are going to act like jerks sometimes. It's part of that business.

And working with jerks is part of any tough business. I cannot imagine that pro football is any gentler than working in a law firm. Suppose McDaniels was a jerk--and I'm not at all convinced that was the case. All the drama over it is stupid. Jay needs to grow up. (Or, imho, the more likely scenario is that he knows exactly what he is doing and that what really set him off was the firing of Shanahan and Bates. Since then, he's been looking for a reason to leave and blame someone else.)

It's a bloody Oprah episode when everyone sits around talking about how the organization should have "reached out." What a stupid narrative. He's got a contract, he's been paid millions of dollars. There's nothing in the contract that says the team not only has to pay him millions, but they also promise never to hurt his feelings. Feelings get hurt. Adults get over it. In any event, he's going to bank tens of millions of dollars from some organization over the next five years regardless of his hurt feelings--so my sympathy glands are a bit on low here.

I'm going to miss his razor sharp passes and pocket presence. I'm not going to miss all the stupid drama or the stupid interceptions.
For someone who should have been trained in law school to be objective, this post implys you missed that. The purpose of "law and litigation" is the opportunity for equal argument in the interest of, "the betterment of any situation."

Being that you've experienced so much 'litigation" I'd think, ethically, you'd have to be a bit more middle of the road unless you were always funded by the "big money" side of the equation.

Q: What's the difference between an pile of **** in the road and a lawyer lying in the road?

A: The pile of **** showed definitive evidence that the driver tried to miss it......
hambone13 is offline   Reply With Quote