View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 08:39 AM   #24
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
she tried dude. She stabbed the chimp in the neck with a knife, she beat it over the head, the chimp didn't stop. She just wasn't strong enough at her age to get it done.

Sad story. Keep big wild animals in the wild or an animal facility like a zoo. I used to have a Monkey but he was hard to take care of so I gave him to a guy who had a primate reserve. I'm sure it was the right thing to do.

I do have some snakes that I guess are considered wild animals but they aren't giant snakes or hot snakes so really no biggie.

I think people just like to be different and everyone has a dog or cat. For that reason people will still try and keep Chimps, Rattlesnakes, Alligators, mountain lions etc etc.

If you do keep an animal that can actually harm you if it turns you better have a plan for if it does. If I had a chimp I would probably have a stun gun, or mace, or something in case it went crazy and tried to eat my friends face.

exactly...the last part of what you said is exactly the kidn of thinking you have to have when you own an animal like this...

why would you have NOT thought about this type of a scenario?? Especially when the chimp had escaped before and you coudlnt control it Also, its acting rambunctious...so badly that you feel the need to subdue it with medication, yet you dont think to yourself, "hmmm, what if this goes to the next level?"

What a stupid woman...too bad her friend had to pay the price
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote