View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 04:26 AM   #252
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
Anyone else who isn't a Pens fan sees a poorly constructed team. I'm sure if they make a run, you'll have called that one on some other board at some other point too. You defended Shero in this thread with Staal's new deal, and yet you acknowledge there are no wingers. A 3rd line center taking up $4M per year starting next year? Last time I checked, a GM is the guy who is supposed to acquire those wingers.

But hey, you called it that Therrien was on the verge of getting tossed, you're the man Ames.
The Crosby era
2 GM's
3 coaches
2 failed sales of the team
throwing the last game of the year to face the Sens first round
Palfy leaving the team
the Lemeiux re-retirement
LeClair and Recchi waived
Hossa signing with Detroit
Orpik saying he wouldn't return

Now they are in danger of not making the playoffs, in cap hell, have no high end prospects, and still can't find wingers to mesh with Sid. long live the NHL's version of al davis. You guys cant draft squat without a top five pick.

while youd probably win the argument that cindy, geno and stall are a little stronger then richards, carter and briere, no way in hell are your scrub wingers close to gagne, knuble, lupul, hartnell, giroux and upshall, well ok maybe they are close to upshall, but i dont think any of your wingers make the flyers top 9.

and that my friend is why you dont build a team where half the cap is tied up in 4 players, specially when 2 of then are soft, and one is a hit an miss goalie.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote