Old 02-15-2009, 01:30 AM   #261
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Independent View Post
Okay so shouldn't a good movie be entertaining? How do you define good? Just curious. I enjoyed Taken, but I also expected it to be basically an action flick with a better actor as lead. I think Liam Neeson's presence gave it more heft because unlike say a Tom Cruise who is not by any means a good actor (capable sometimes, but mostly a one note actor...he always plays Tom Cruise megastar).

Good Action: Bourne Identity? , Entertaining Action: Speed?
Wow, MI, your takes on movies are quite endearing. You really have a keen eye for what you like. This is something rare that is to be admired. I also give you credit for this thread, which ive enjoyed immensely. BTW, I saw 21 tonight. Yeah, its a little commercial...its a little mainstream. On top of that, there are a variety of examples of card counters in real life that didnt require an MIT backdrop, which were quite compelling. But all in all, it was a good movie. Spacey, while extraneous, found his sweet spot in this particular movie. Its kind of Good Will Hunting meets Rounders.

Though not great, it was entertaining. I give it a 7.5, which is worth watching.

Also, I read this week that the guy and the girl from Once had a falling out and have gone their separata ways. Its too bad.

Last edited by lex; 02-15-2009 at 01:33 AM..
lex is offline   Reply With Quote