View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 02:02 PM   #3509
bombay
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan11 View Post
Well, I checked this out with the band's official site and it appears that only four of the original members are on the tour, same as the Wild West shows of a few years ago. http://www.thetubes.com/sitemap.htm
Which only makes sense as the original keyboardist, Vince Welnick, committed suicide a few years back and the feud between guitarist Bill Spooner and the band is very well known. No matter though, the band is highly theatratical and even if you don't care for the music (which is challenging beyond the hits) they will make you laugh. Fee Waybill doing his caberet act is even funnier now (albeit in a kinda sad way) given that the guy is in his 60's. Personally, I'd love to see them but have never had the chance.

Lemme know how it goes if you could.
Holy ****, is that the same guy who was the keyboard player for the Dead? That would make 4 dead Dead keyboard players: Pigpen, Keith, Brent, and now Vince. That job was cursed. Vince was at a party I attended South of Cancun (Puerto Escondido) on New Year's eve 1993 with Bob Weir. I think it was the first New Year in maybe 30 years the Dead hadn't played a show somewhere. Unless they didn't in '92 either.

That's crazy about Vince. I didn't know that.

Last edited by bombay; 02-12-2009 at 02:41 PM..
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote