Old 02-12-2009, 07:37 AM   #3508
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post
Ah, didn't see this. According to my buddy who got the tickets, The Tubes have all but one of the original guys with them. Regardless, it's in a very good small venue (Soiled Dove Underground, if you're familiar?), a Saturday night and something fun to do. I'm looking forward to it.
Well, I checked this out with the band's official site and it appears that only four of the original members are on the tour, same as the Wild West shows of a few years ago. http://www.thetubes.com/sitemap.htm
Which only makes sense as the original keyboardist, Vince Welnick, committed suicide a few years back and the feud between guitarist Bill Spooner and the band is very well known. No matter though, the band is highly theatratical and even if you don't care for the music (which is challenging beyond the hits) they will make you laugh. Fee Waybill doing his caberet act is even funnier now (albeit in a kinda sad way) given that the guy is in his 60's. Personally, I'd love to see them but have never had the chance.

Lemme know how it goes if you could.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote