Thread: Around The NFL:
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 10:29 AM   #509
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Chiefs | Change of heart for Gonzalez?
Mon, 09 Feb 2009 07:13:59 -0800
Randy Covitz, of The Kansas City Star, reports Kansas City Chiefs TE Tony Gonzalez said he would "have no problems staying with the Chiefs," depending on what moves the team makes in the offseason. Gonzalez said during an interview with NBC at the Pro Bowl that he spoke with new general manager Scott Pioli to dispel some reports concerning his future. "I spoke to Pioli last week because there were some trade rumors out there saying I wanted to have a trade, and that wasn't the case," Gonzalez said. "There is no doubt in my mind that Scott Pioli is going to come in there and do an amazing job and so is Todd Haley, the new head coach. ... Just looking at the Super Bowl this year, it would be so great to get that opportunity to play for that. I'm not saying the Chiefs can't do that. They will eventually turn that corner; it's how soon can they do that. Once free agency comes, and they're wheeling and dealing, and they're making trades, and it looks good, then I have no problem staying with the Chiefs."
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote