Thread: Around The NFL:
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 05:32 PM   #480
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

PARCELLS SAYS HE’S STAYING IN MIAMI

Posted by Aaron Wilson on January 30, 2009, 6:00 p.m. EST

Bill Parcells reiterated that he will remain with the Miami Dolphins for the 2009 season instead of exercising an escape clause in his contract during an appearance on ESPN.

The following comments are relayed through Miami Herald writer Armando Salguero.

“I’m going to be with Miami until I feel that the team is in position and Jeff [Ireland] and Tony [Sparano] have enough experience that they can handle it,” Parcells said during a spot where he also plugged the merits of Gatorade.

Parcells said that the Dolphins have a ton of work to do after being dispatched from the postseason in an AFC wild-card loss to the Baltimore Ravens.

“We got knocked out in the first round of the playoffs so we got to keep things in perspective,” Parcells said. “… We have a lot to do in Miami. We need a lot more guys. .. On Sundays, at the games, sometimes it’s hard. You have a trained eye and you know where the game is going, you know kind of what’s going to happen, but there is nothing you can do.

“So you sit there and understand you are in a support role for the head coach. And a support role for the general manager. And my job is to assist the general manager in the procurement of players that can help win on the field for the coach, Tony Sparano.”
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote