Thread: Around The NFL:
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 02:55 PM   #449
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

FISHER GIVES COLLINS REASSURANCE

Posted by Sheil Kapadia on January 25, 2009, 3:17 p.m. EST

Jeff Fisher has made it clear to Kerry Collins that he wants him back as the starter in 2009, but the Titans have not yet started negotiations with the free-agent quarterback, a team source tells ESPN’s Chris Mortensen.

Earlier this month, Collins said he’d retire if he couldn’t find a starting job.

“I made my case known, that I’d like to be here and feel that I can be a part of several more good seasons,” Collins told The Tennessean. “I have several good years left in me, I know that. I will pack up and go somewhere else. I don’t want to, but that’s the reality of this business. . . . I am a starter in this league and if nothing materializes that way I will retire.’’

Another interesting note from Mortensen is that Tennessee is high on Chris Simms and wants to re-sign him. A report in the Chicago Sun Times says Simms could also draw interest from the Bears.

These moves would further cloud Vince Young’s future in Tennessee, if that’s possible.

For whatever it’s worth, a team source told Mortensen Young has promised to have a good attitude and work ethic this offseason.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote