lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Slumdog Millionaire - currently out in select cities

The most simply entertaining 2 hours ive had at the movies in a long time.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button - this movie, while quite hollywood, wowed me with its technology but more so made me sombrely reflect on family and the passage of time. It's a beautiful film.

Gran Torino - Clint Eastwood is my favourite director. He doesn't disappoint here. There's a suprising amout of humour here... and his symbolism is in full force. Great little movie.

Man on Wire (DVD / Netflix instant) - Riveting documentary about the guy that tight roped between the two WTC towers in 74.

Iraq in Fragments (DVD / Netflix instant) - Beautifully shot documentary with three stories - a sunni boy in baghdad, the sadrists in basra and the kurds in the north. Crazy stuff there. Nice to see a documentary from an Iraqi perspective for once.
Two weekends ago I saw Slumdog Millionaire. Its not horrible, in fact, Id say its good. But its also way overhyped for what it is. Theres such a dearth of movies though.

One movie to avoid is Paul Blart. I saw that Saturday. Wow, that sucked.

One movie that Id definitely recommend is Tell No One. Its a french movie that should be showing available on Net Flix soon if its not already. I saw it a few months ago. It was no The Lives of Others but it was an excellent film.

One movie that I want to see is Che.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote