Old 01-09-2009, 01:48 AM   #180
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.L.F. View Post
I am certain the last thing on all franchises, except for the Ducks, after winning the Stanley Cup is to promote Weinershnitzel. .

This will be in decades but I am sure it will be Tijuana hotdogs with the bacon wrapped up around the dog. Have your “parade” down Figaroura (whatever) with all those diehard King/ Dodger fans. I will guarantee some fast food restaurant will have their roach coach there. It will help out to get those local residents to come by and cheer on their beloved Kings.

Quote:
Well for King fans, it will be a great day, some fans have waited many many years. Some waited 40 plus years...and there will be a Parade downtown LA through Figueroa st. and probably hold the event at LA Live.

Those people will be dead but of course the new blood like you who will invest in a decade or more will fill up the ones who died off.

Quote:
Honda Center is a dump, and I wouldn't be surprised if they take care of it the same way as Rat Stadium aka Angel Stadium, remember that expose the OC Register did on that shiathole? Also John and I have been to Honda Center many many times, since when did TECATE become PREMIUM BEER?

Please show me this link besides your hatred for everything OC. Built only in 1993, it has still state of the art for arenas. At least not 3 decks of luxury boxes to keep the rich from the poor. Who cares what they consider Premium. I have been to many places where they call domestic beer imports. I have also been to Staples and seen the prices on beer. If you enjoy a high price beer, then your Staples Center is the place to go.

Quote:
Staples Center is run better by AEG, they built "LA Live" next door to Staples and they are building a huge Ritz Carlton Hotel, already have ESPN Zone, Yardhouse, Flemings Steakhouse, Lucky Strike and Lounge, Conga Room, Club Nokia, Nokia Theatre and many more things to come. It blows the Honda Center away, which has a gas station and a McDonalds across the street...kind of sums up Anaheim in general. BORING.
Another fine example of ALF unknowledge of Orange County and Anaheim in this instance. Anaheim, where millions come throughout the year, is considered boring. HOB, boring; Disneyland, boring; Convention Center (NAMM in town this week), boring; Angels Stadium, boring; Tons of concert venues, boring; Honda Center (Ducks) where in event is going on at least 3 times a week, boring. But let us get to the Honda Center. All those places mentioned by LA LIVE is already in ANAHEIM or the equivalent of said properties! Add a whole entertainment center on the other side of the Honda Center in Orange (1/4 to 1/3 miles away). Right across the street is JT Schmidts and Hooters. McDonalds and a gas station? Oh, you meant a mile away almost on the other side of Angels stadium! In fact, that whole area will be booming with entertainment once the economy picks back up for the housing market. Maybe you need to stroll down here once in a while. I see you are in town yet missed out on your Kings on Tuesday night.

Quote:
It's not below boxing...that's crap. It's already taking over the NBA in attendance. Jesus Christ John, do you follow hockey or do you just attend Duck games?

I am talking about LA and OC, not the nation! Follow along on the post.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote