1. Xavier Lee.- Grew up a Canes fan. Never got a UM offer. I do not know why. The staff apparently felt Kirby Freeman was a better fit for them. Lee has the strongest arm in america, apparently can throw it 80 yards as they saw at the all star practices in san antonio. Wonderful athlete. Initially UF was ahead, now LSU people are saying he is a lock and FSU is a contender as well, although they also have drew weatherford.
It will be one of LSU, FSU or UF.
2. Ted Ginn- yes i am very impressed with him. Was on OSU lock the whole way. Extremely impressive at the televised all star game. May be better than Whitner.
3. Rhyan Anderson- Wisconsin DE. Coker called him the best DE in america. Recruited very hard by UM since May, and we led the entire time as well. Coker had a visit with him this week, his head coach during the week said he was down to OSU and UM but said would be shocked if he didnt choose UM. Then came for his official visit. By sunday afternoon, we heard from another recruit that Rhyan "had a great visit", then when grassy.com's premium insiders recruiting guy interviewed him, it was a very bland interview. A bit later, an OU site interviewed him and he said UM was now third behind OSU (first) and OU second. He said they werent up front about him with him keeping his HS number and wasnt considering UM anymore. It is sufficient to say we were all stunned. However, the guy who does this interviews for the UM website even after seeing that interview thought he was UM bound anyway as did a similar person from another UM website who runs the website and does recruiting interviews for it. So something is fishy, either they are wrong and he is upset with something, or he is playing the recruiting game with everyone else.
3. Fred Davis- from all indications, he's a Cane. Coach CJ (Curtis Johnson) saw him tonight after Coker had visited him last week. It seemed he was going to announce last week for the U. but then our OC and TE coach who is also from Toledo and was recruiting him, left for the cleveland browns. Coker and staff then went to toledo to try and keep him and it appears that he is still privately committed but its shaky. I hope CJs visit tonight sealed the deal. He also said he was going down to Miami this last weekend to visit with his friend (and rumored silent commit or heavy cane lean Willie Williams) but since Willie was at auburn visiting he couldnt. Bottom line, i think Fred is a Cane.
4. Devon Lyons- nice safety prospect from PA. Its down to our two teams, Coker visited him last week, might visit UM, i think he is OSU bound.
5. James Bryant- another UM v. OSU head to head matchup, he was very high on us after his december visit but most insiders now think he will not come.
This is my current UM projected recruiting class with associated number for each recruit based on what i think their talent level is. (1- bust ... 5- solid contributor ... 10- surefireAll American)
6. Charlie Jones- he is a good prospect. Compared to Clinton Portis, very slithery, good moves. Had a pretty bad OL this year but still put up decent numbers. Needs ankle surgery. Not as high of an upside as our other RB recruit Bobby Washington but he has grade issues. The final RB recruit, Derron Thomas is a sleeper prospect, Nebraska coaches had said before he committed to UM that he was worth two scholarships.
In Sum: So far we have a good class. We stole back Lance Leggett from the Gators, all i want to close this class is somehow to get Anderson back, Willie Williams (a MUST GET) and Trevor Ford.
Without Willie Williams, everything goes to hell and the class is a failure no matter how many other studs are there.