Old 11-14-2008, 12:58 PM   #94
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
I think Drew Doughty is going to be a stud but isnt there a youth named Kopitar that has only one goal? You need more than those two to free them up. As for our youth movement, I think Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry are pretty much set already to be stars (like they were first stars last week). Add young guys like Ryan Carter and our days are far from numbered. I hope you enjoy that 3 points to 2 points edge as it might be the only saving grace for a last place team......again.
Calijohn...so your demise begins...

Quote:
"Brian Burke is out as general manager of the Anaheim Ducks and senior vice president of hockey operations Bob Murray is in.

Sources tell TSN Burke will remain in a senior advisory capacity with the Ducks for now but that the final word on any hockey operations decisions in Anaheim will be made by Murray. Sources say Burke will, in this advisory capacity, have the ability to freely negotiate future employment opportunities as a GM in the NHL.

That would pave the way for Burke to be hired as president and GM of the Toronto Maple Leafs in the days, weeks or months ahead, if the Leafs and Burke so desire. And there is strong reason to believe that is precisely what will happen."
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote