TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

This article makes me so mad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amesj523 View Post
"Everybody who was studying this was using the Fibernachi series, and they were coming up with little snippets of what was occurring. But I wanted to allow an open mind without putting myself in that box," Nightingale said. (Fibernachi numbers are a series of figures built by adding the two prior numbers in the series, for example, 1,1,2,3,5,8.)
The spelling of "fibonacci" alone should be red flags to the sources credibility.

Quote:
So how does a craftsman, with no formal training in physics or mathematics, develop such an astonishing premise?
He doesn't and didn't. The mathematical community that he criticizes is rightly unaccepting because it's absurd psycho babble. Much like the numerologists that devote their lives to arguing about 666 and whether its a reference to Nero, or whatever flavor of the week. It's stupid, you can twist any number to anything you'd like.

Quote:
Still, the possibility of that is awe-inspiring. Asked about the potential enormity of his discovery, Nightingale said, "How do you think I feel? I'm just a woodcarver."
He should re-double his efforts back into whittling. Colossal failure at this endeavor.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote