Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://www.mania.com/lair-beasts-sea...cle_87259.html

LAIR OF THE BEASTS: In Search of the Death-Worm

By: Nick Redfern
Date: Saturday, September 13, 2008

As someone who spends pretty much his entire life chasing, investigating, and writing about mysterious beasts and diabolical monsters, I have to admit that I have come across some extremely wild and far-out stories in my time – and that’s putting it mildly!

But, the one strange creature that fascinates and intrigues me perhaps more than any other, is the aptly- and intriguingly-named Mongolian Death-Worm.

Now you might very reasonably ask: what on Earth can be so deadly about a mere worm? Well, I’ll tell you. And it has absolutely nothing at all to do with the sort of worm you might find in your back-yard.

Rumored to inhabit the sands of Mongolia’s harsh Gobi Desert, this particular worm is said to be a lean, mean, killing-machine of electrifying proportions. And I do mean that quite literally.

Local legend among the tribal folk that inhabit the region tells of a fearsome, writhing, worm-like beast – five-feet in length and bright red in color, no less – that has the ability to kill its prey by spitting a mouthful of sulfuric acid in their direction. Nice!

(cont'd on site)
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote