Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post
Just because this is a music thread..

Went down to Fiddler's Green tonight to see the kool concert. Ordinarily would avoid this sort of thing like the plague, but I was interested in seeing both Jack Bruce and Eric Burden. They played along with Badfinger, Melanie, and The Turtles. We missed Badfinger, arriving in time to see Melanie, unfortunately. After 20 minutes of annoying off key shrieking, she went away. Flo and Eddie (The Turtles), appeared to be half toasted, and were pretty effective comedically, and did what they do - vocals - reasonably well. They were funny. Jack Bruce did a half hour pure Cream set, and sounded damned good. His guitarist was excellent, and his voice is still very strong. Excellent show. He introduced the band, but I was unable to understand the names through the Fiddler's sound system. Eric Burden's voice is still remarkably powerful, and he truly put on an excellent 40 minute or so show. I was afraid we had wasted our time coming early on, but both Bruce and Burden were excellent. Good night of music.
That sounds like a cool show. I'm always afraid of going to revue shows of 50's and 60's artists because I don't want to see a cabaret, Vegas-like performance (like The Monkees reunion tours) instead of seeing an actual band play. Glad to hear you lucked out.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote