Old 07-17-2008, 03:07 AM   #57
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by killericon View Post
Why do you keep throwing out "Some Canadian" as if it somehow discredits the rumour, or even relevant? Do you have some inside connections in the Kings organization? The rumour cropped up all over the place, and there was a lot of inconsistency about who was being given up by whom, which is typically a good indicator that there is a deal in the works. I scoffed at the idea that Kopitar or O'Sullivan were being moved, and their names were probably put into the mix by some internet retard, but that doesn't mean a deal isn't coming(It's probably not, but come on! It's the offseason! Have some fun!). I think that a deal between the Sens, Hawks and Kings is coming, and people were looking at who would be moved, and someone threw in the name Barker(Because our top 4 is set, and he's on the outside looking in), which turned into Barker or Seabrook, and someone else saw that and said "Seabrook? It must be for someone awesome...Like Kopitar.", but none of that means that the rumours about a deal happening are bull****. Besides which, look at it from my perspective. The Hawks HAVE to deal someone, which makes every rumour that much more credible. If you ask me, it'd be closer to Khabibulin and Meszaros to the Kings, Barker and someone on the Kings to the Sens and Frolov + Gerber to the Blackhawks. Something along those lines. I don't think a blockbuster is in the works, but it was fun to think about. Just look at it:

Ladd-Kopitar-Havlat
Campbell-Sopel

Sharp-Toews-Kane
Keith-Seabrook

That is fun to think about.

Pssshhhh...No need to be so dismissive(or to bash my country while doing it).
Cmon, I been to Toronto and Vancouver...and I when I am there I give Canadians a bunch of **** over hockey. Like the last time, I was in Toronto I gave them **** about the Kings/Leafs conference finals. With Vancover...they hate Jack Johnson. It goes both ways though, they like to make fun of my craptastic Kings.

So don't take it personally, I like Canada a lot to be honest. I've even been called a canadian on this board and elsewhere many times.

Second point, I discredit the rumour because it started like two weeks ago on the TSN site in their rumour section or something. Some moron on there says Kopitar should be involved in the talks. No inside info mentioned from him, but now two weeks later it is believable? I don't buy it. If a deal was in the works...I would know about it. There isn't with the Kings at this moment, we may still deal for a left shot defenseman at some point.

I don't think of these rumors as fun...especially when they involve your favorite players. Kopitar is the franchise, he isn't going anywhere. Just ask Socal if he thought the rumors of Malkin coming to Los Angeles was fun for him to read about.

Quote:
The reason why Khabibulin would make sense is because you're under the floor(By about 10 Million). Khabibulin is a boost at a need spot, with a big, short-term contract.
Wrong. Sully, Doughty, Stoll et all will bring us close to the floor, if not to the floor.

1) Doughty is gonna get signed.
2) Dean said "achievable bonuses" for JMFJ and others count against the cap (1.2 mil)
3) They still have to sign several RFA's (O'Sullivan, Richardson, Still, Gauthier, Moulson, Harrold & Ersberg)

There's 40 right there.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote