Old 06-20-2008, 07:53 PM   #10
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Doughty quotes per ITK

http://insidesocal.com/kings/

On his feelings about hearing his name announced...
``It's an unbelievable feeling. I had so many emotions going through my body. When they called my name I couldn't stop shaking. It's a dream come true. I'm so excited about putting on that jersey.''

On joining the Kings...
``The No. 1 thing is just gelling as a team. Hopefully I can make the team better and we can win a Stanley Cup some day.''

On comparisons to Ray Bourque...
``It's an unbelievable feeling, and overwhelming, to be compared to him. I know how much he accomplished and if I could accomplish half of those things, that would be incredible.''

On trying to make the NHL this coming season...
``I'm very prepared and I think I can make the team. That's my No. 1 goal. I'm going to do everything in my power to make the team and help turn it around.''

On whether he knew, in advance, that the Kings were drafting him...
``No, they didn't tell me. I saw Dean Lombardi shaking hands with the Calgary GM. I kind of buried my head in my hands and said, `Oh, no.' I really wanted to be a L.A. King.''

On what he knows about the current Kings...
``I don't really know too much right now. I know guys like Thomas Hickey and Wayne Simmonds and Jonathan Bernier. I know all three of them very well. But I don't know a lot about the Kings, just because I'm so far away, but I'm looking forward to coming out there.''
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote