Old 06-19-2008, 11:35 AM   #71
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Yup. I do think that he's going to be an awesome guard and could potentially be a good right tackle.

Really though, Rev you need to grow up. I know what this is really about. You're only coming after me now because I neg reped you for calling Doctor Broncostein a murderer.
First, I didn't call him a murderer, I called him a hypocrit.

Secondly, no, I just realized why I'd initially lost all respect for you. You have no thoughts of your own. This is another example. Plenty of people were all for Albert before the draft, none more-so than you, and those guys have been the ones arguing with you post draft about his effectiveness.

And believe me, if internet rep meant anything to me, I'd act just like you.

PS. Please stay on topic... I'd love the explanation of how your thought process goes from:

Quote:
I want it to be Brandon Albert but we'll probably reach for someone lame like DeSean Jackson or Kenny Phillips.
Quote:
I'd really like that. Albert would make anything look good to me.

Kevin Robinson is a great value selection. Goff is a good choice too. Powell is probably gone by the end of the fourth. Zenon will develop into a more physical but slower Foxworth.

Not too shabby!
Quote:
This one is good. It's like what my mock draft might look like

four rounds:

http://www.draftseason.com/Lupagus

12. Branden "Fat" Albert OG/OT, Virginia
43. Broncos - Pat Sims DT, Auburn : Broncos are looking for a penetrating DT. (not a big fan of Sims)
109. Broncos - Harry Douglas WR, Louisville : Broncos want a new no. 2 wideout.
120. Broncos (From Skins) - Steve Justice C, Wake Forest : Broncos know a good value when they see it.
Quote:
Mel Kiper and his plastic hair.

Man, I want Albert to be a Bronco. I hope he's wrong. Albert will pwn us as a Chief. Keith Rivers sucks.
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...9&postcount=14

Quote:
Albert is my favorite of the group. Clady or Williams I'd be ok with. I wouldn't be thrilled with renting a running back for four years, but maybe we could make him look awesome enough that we trade him for a good player after two years.
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...01&postcount=9

Quote:
Brandon Albert, Brandon Albert, Brandon Albert!
Quote:
Aren't you being a little over dramatic about this? Let's wait and see who we draft and and how the young guys develop. Kuper finished very strong especially with Myers at guard and he has experience playing left tackle. They seem really keen on using Kupe on the line and want to get his talents on the field. Contrary to what you and others think, RT is out of position for Kuper. He's never really played the position and most of his work as a pro was on the left side of the line.

There is also a draft coming up. If we have a guy like Brandon Albert on the team playing either tackle position, I'm almost positive our line will do really well next year. This could also be a smoke screen and we could still draft a left tackle. Be grateful Shanahan has finally decided to start using true 300 lb guys in the trenches. Wait and see who we get. I promise you even if we draft someone at number one they won't play on the line. Broncos never draft linemen in the first round and they never play their rookies. There is a good chance this will be the line for next season regardless of what happens. There is a good chance it will be better than last years' line too.

--------------------------------------------

To after KC drafts him:

Quote:
This is true. Jarvis Moss is expected to play defensive end, you know the position he played all through college. Brandon Albert is expected to play guard - the position he played all through college...unless your coaching staff is stupid, and then they will watch him fail at left tackle.
Quote:
Yeah it worked great but did they start him at Left Tackle right out of the package? No. He played right guard, then right tackle, then left guard then left tackle. This took years of learning.

They aren't comparable as players. Diehl has better feet than Albert who is more of a grinder, so you're talking about two different body types. Albert was largely considered an incredible prospect at guard who could play some right tackle. I haven't heard anyone except Albert's agent say he was a good left tackle prospect. Even if he is, it will take years of playing on the line and learning to be able to make a move over there. Your own example proves this.
Quote:
The possibility exists, but it's hard enough to play the position you played in college at the pro level. Starting someone at the most critical point on the line when you have no substantive experience playing it is beyond stupid. We've converted guys to tackle all the time but when you look at how long it took to get them over there, you understand how difficult it is. Albert will probably be a great player at guard and even right tackle, but it will take years for him to adjust to playing the blind side and he may never really excel there.

Cavs fans will tell you the same thing, but Chief fans like Sheepstud won't hear it. He's all-world already as far as they're concerned.
Quote:
Can you read? No one is saying he is a bad player, we're saying he is going to struggle at left tackle. Do you honestly believe that there won't be struggles for him if he is starting at LT this year? Honestly do you really believe that? and if you think it's not more than the other guys who played LT all through college, you're totally wrong. That doesn't mean he's going to suck at other positions, nor does it mean he won't have a successful career. He is without question a project at tackle and should be playing guard.
Quote:
Genius, why don't you look at the tape of him playing off the line? Don't you think it's strange there are no highlight reels of him playing in line? I'll give you a hint: his feet aren't great - especially when it comes to sticking his block and then shuffling to keep it. He also leans too much. Yeah, he's incredible running down field and punching once he makes contact, but kicking outside against a speed rusher? Prepare to watch Croyle on his back. Of course you'll probably just blame your guard or stop posting when that happens like you guys did last year until your draft gave you some insta-courage. Chief fans.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote