Old 04-20-2008, 08:16 AM   #2726
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post
I do music for a living, so 'maximum exposure' is part of my daily life. I never know from one week to the next what style of music I might be called upon to play. I think over time (and with enough exposure) we all discover what kinds of things really speak to us and what kinds of things don't.

BTW, the guy who played bass on my last original project did several records/tours with Lyle Lovett. Small world.
I know you're a session guy (hell, maybe you're even one of the Landau's for all I know) and that you're hired to play all kinds of things..but that's not really the point I was making with the Lovette example. C&W doesn't "speak" to me on the whole at all and yet, if I didn't keep checking it out, I would've never have found that wonderful album.

Of course, to be really totally honest about things, Lyle Lovette And His Large Band has very little C&W on it...it's really an album of swing music not too different from Joe Jackson's Jumpin' Jive....the two albums together made one hell of a car cassette tape back in the day, but I digress.

Last edited by Hogan11; 04-20-2008 at 12:15 PM..
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote