The Official 2008 OM Mock Draft UDFA Round
Now that all picks are in for the 2008 OM mock draft, we’ll begin the Undrafted Free Agent (UDFA) round. Below is a quick rundown on how we’ll proceed (based on jens1893’s system from last year):
1. All teams begin with $100,000 to bid for players which were not selected in the 2008 OM mock draft.
2. Minimum bid for a player is $5000. Bids can be made in $100 increments only. There will only be one round of bidding, so any cash you have left over will be useless. In other words – use it or lose it.
3. Please submit bids in this format:
Name, Position, College, Bid
Jay Cutler, QB, Vanderbilt, $30,000
Jarvis Moss, DE, Florida, $11,400
Al Wilson, LB, Tennessee, $23,700
Total Spent: $65,100
4. PLEASE do not submit bids for players who have already been selected in the mock draft. Refer to JCMElway’s lists before you submit your bid. Any bids for pre-selected players will be ignored, and the team owner will NOT be notified of his error.
4. Tiebreaker: if two or more teams bid the same amount for the same player, than whoever sent the first PM will be considered the winner. If this seems unfair to you in any way – well, you should have bid $100 more for that player.
5. Please send all bids via one and only one PM to me (expatfan) any time between now and 11:59 p.m. ET on Thursday, April 18th. Please title the PM “UDFA – team name”. All bids received after the deadline will be considered null and void, as will any bids sent subsequent to your first PM.
6. Results will be posted sometime on Saturday, April 20th, dependant on when and how much time my wife will grant me to sit in front of the computer on the weekend….
7. In the interests of transparency, I will submit my own list via PM to JCMElway within the next day, and before I review any of the bids submitted. In addition, I will disqualify myself from the tiebreaker rules, meaning that any tie that I am involved with will go to the other team.
8. As I receive bids, I will post confirmation below, along with a sequence number indicating when they submitted it to me (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.). An example is below under the New Orleans Saints:
Denver- eddie mac - 13th to submit bids
Kansas City- BlitzingDog - 4th to submit bids
Oakland- Springstein - 8th to submit bids
Jacksonville- Hawk's Boys - 11th to submit bids
Baltimore- JCM Elway - 2nd to submit bids
Cincinnati- Arkie - 6th to submit bids
New York Jets- Rohirrim - 12th to submit bids
Buffalo- Anubis - 3rd to submit bids
Seattle- WABronco - 9th to submit bids
Arizona- killericon - 7th to submit bids
Philadelphia- Mediator 12 - 10th to submit bids
New York Giants- SouthStndJunkie - 4th to submit bids
Detroit- Florida Bronco - 16th to submit bids
Chicago- lex - 17th to submit bids
Carolina- Bronco LB 52 - 15th to submit bids
Atlanta- Arkansas Bronco - 14th to submit bids
New Orleans – Expatfan – 1st to submit bids
Thanks, and if you have any questions or comments, just post them in this thread and I’ll answer them for the edification of all.
Last edited by BowlenBall; 04-18-2008 at 01:53 AM..