Thread: LA Kings (HOME)
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2008, 12:09 AM   #231
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default Bernier to Manchester after QMJHL season over.

Quote:
KINGS ASSIGN JONATHAN BERNIER

TO MANCHESTER (AHL)

LOS ANGELES The Los Angeles Kings have assigned goaltender Jonathan Bernier to the Manchester Monarchs (American Hockey League), Kings President/General Manager Dean Lombardi announced today.

Bernier, 19, most recently played for the Lewiston MAINEiacs (QMJHL), where in 48 regular season games he posted a 18-12-3 record, a 2.73 goals-against average and a .908 save percentage. His 2.73 goals-against average ranked second in the QMJHL and his .908 save percentage was fifth (among goaltenders with more than 1,000 minutes played). He also appeared in six playoff games, as Lewiston was eliminated in the first round by Cape Breton in six games.

Bernier started the season with the Kings, where in four games he went 1-3-0 (his first NHL win came on September 29) with a 4.03 goals-against-average and .864 save percentage. He earned the victory in his NHL debut on September 29 against Anaheim in London, England.

The 5-11, 177-pound native of Laval, Quebec, was also a member of Team Canada at the 2008 World Junior Championship held in the Czech Republic in January. He went 1-1-0 with a 2.00 goals-against average, one shutout and a .947 save percentage in two appearances, helping Team Canada win the gold medal.

Bernier was originally selected by the Kings in the first-round (11th overall) in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft.

Quote:
Jonathan Bernier, the team's franchise goaltender and Los Angeles Kings draft pick, was at the head of the line. He drew a larger crowd than most.

"It's fun, things like this," Bernier said. "I remember when I was 16, sitting here, how nervous I was. Now, it's the end. It all went so fast."

Bernier said that by Thursday, he would report to the Manchester Monarchs of the American Hockey League, the Kings' top affiliate, for practice.

"I am still going to have to earn my spot, but it's good to move on," Bernier said.

http://www.insidesocal.com/kings/200...ster.html#more

So the Journey begins...for Roy er Bernier. God I get them both confused. My bad.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote