Old 03-11-2008, 12:53 AM   #290
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
wrong

the nhl would exist, and it would be real hockey not this pussified crap that betman is tryin to sell to the hillbillies, go back to the days of 21 teams, heck even 24, 6 easy teams to fold, go figure they are all low attendence, mostly southern us teams Phoenix, florida, nashville, carolina, atlanta, and one of the kings, ducks or sharks, cuz no way should california have 3 teams. when the ducks can win the stanely cup and only have 15,000 show up to the parade it shows just how little they care about the sport. Now those 6 are folded, move jersey and pittsburgh to canada, cuz neither of those markets can support a team as proven by the fact that pittsburgh has gone bankrupt 3 times already and the fact that jersey even with a new arena still dosent sell out. Put st louis and the islanders on notice that if they dont do something theyre next to be folded or moved.

so we now have 4 divisions with 6 teams each, shootouts gone, instigator gone, any stick penalty is 5 minute, (highsticking, slashing) all plastics in pads are banned, gotta protect the players, Nets are like lacross nets, triangular in shape but not as deep, making it easier to do wraparounds.

im sure ive missed soemthing, but thats a good start
I'm not gonna argue with you, you guys live and die by hockey (not a bad thing) so i wont argue..but the reason a lot of teams in the U.S. have low attendance is because they're competing with other sports like the NFL, MLB, and NBA..Canada doesn't so when a team isn't doing so well in the States its no surprise, fans just watch the other home team like LA, the kings suck so they watch the Lakers...who else does Calgary or Edmonton or Vancouver etc. have to watch if there not doing so well...no one, so people go to the games anyways cause there isn't anyone else to root for..if Calgary had an NBA team and they were good and the Flames sucked i bet the NBA team would have a higher attendance rate..maybe, hockey is religon up there!!
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote