View Single Post
Old 03-02-2008, 11:43 PM   #268
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champbailey View Post
The only idiots I saw where about 18,000 or so morons at Pepsi Center chanting "We Want Parker" after the CLEAN HIT, yeah that's ****ing classy.

Smyth isn't a angel. I watched that game and I saw with my own two eyes that he was jamming his stick blade at Labarbera in the rib area. Not where the puck was.

Hopefully someone tells Smyth to tighten up his chinstrap so maybe then he won't dribble his coconut off the ice like that again.

And after witnessing the game last night in person, I could not believe how many ****tards were in attendance. I got harassed verbally after that hit, for what? Because a King player made a clean hit and your guy got knocked the **** out? They should move the Franchise back to Quebec where they understand hockey...
Has anyone said that Jack Johnson's -- as an aside, I love all the hyperbole with Johnson and his "nickname"; the kid hasn't won anything, be it at Michigan, World Jrs, and obviously the NHL -- hit on Smyth was dirty? No. The dirty hit was Klemm on Svatos. Nobody wanted retribution on Klemm because he's been a contributor to 2 Stanley Cup teams in Denver, he's not a dirty player, and the player he hit didn't go off on a stretcher.

As far as the fans chanting for Parker, good for them. Johnson knew he had to answer, even if it was a clean hit. He should be glad it was Lappy that went after him and not Parker (and that Blake stepped in). You hit a star player, even if it's a clean check, prepare to fight. Laperierre knocked Niklas Lidstrom out with a clean check last month and fought the Red Wings enforcer soon after.

Ryan Smyth has never had the reputation as a dirty player. Also, do you know what kind of padding goalies wear? Their ribs are protected against 90+ MPH slap shots, let alone a stick to the midsection. It was a fluke that LaBarbera got injured.

You can stop with the chin strap bullish. Unless having a tight chinstrap protects one against a separated shoulder or broken collarbone, which is the rumored injury that's going to keep him out.

Have you ever been to a Frozen Fury game in Las Vegas? Getting verbally harassed by Kings fans is an annual rite for Avalanche fans in Vegas. I'm quite happy the hear you got some harassment back. I think you've already mentioned karma a few times and this would apply to the treatment you received at the Pepsi Center.

Even if Quebec got back the Nordiques we'd still have big time NCAA hockey in Denver. Does USC or UCLA have a D1 hockey team? While we're at it, why don't we move the Dodgers back to Brooklyn and the Lakers back to Minneapolis. That way L.A. can claim no professional championships (unless you guys want to include your buddies from Anaheim
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote