Old 02-27-2008, 07:40 PM   #616
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybroncosnut View Post
Wow, everything in your sigy makes me want to puke.

Championship? I could never jinx my team that way. You got balls bro. I am just trying to remember the last team to win the Cup with an average to below average goalie. That's your major downfall.

If I were a Pens fan, I would try convincing myself that Shero has a deal in place too. Easier said then done. I just don't see the Pens paying 3 guys 8-10 million a year. Here's the thing, the market will dictate that both Hossa and Malkin will earn more then Cindy per year. Do you think that weasel will just sit there and not b**** when she is the 3rd highest paid player on the Pens? Honestly?
Like I said before, a team like the Wings, Av's, Rangers, Flyers, etc would have no issue because they will pay their players. Let's not play fantasy world here and act like the Pens are free spending.
I agree 100% on the market dictating what Hossa and Malkin will make. Lets say that Hossa and Malkin each make 8.5 million in an extension contract(Crosby will make 9 million according to NHLSCAP). That is approx. 27 million tied up with just three players and that is little more than half of the current cap eaten up by THREE players.That's not including MAF and Staal.

Honestly, I think Hossa walks because there will be a 9 million dollar offer waiting from teams like the Canadians. Which by the way Montreal was set to get Hossa and Lehtonen but screwed themselves by trading Huet first thing and subsequently the Penguins outbid them.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote