View Single Post
Old 01-19-2008, 09:17 PM   #160
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

I'm really impressed with the play of the Cody Mac's...those two along with Guite, Parker, and the irreplaceable Ian "It's all about Lappy" Laperierre give the Avs a whole lot of toughness and grit.

It looks like Tay-o-door has finally found his confidence after a couple of years. He's looking really solid in his nets.

Am I the only Avs fan that thinks J.M. Liles is a very good NHL defenseman?

After a sluggish start Scott Hannan has really started to show why he was so hotly pursued last summer. Once he realized that he's not offense oriented his play picked up dramatically.

Marek Svatos is as streaky as they come. He did his best Scott Stevens impression last night with a huge check along the boards. His stats are somewhat concerning to me though. What does he have 20 goals, and 2 assists? Rick Nash put up something like 50 goals, and 50 something points a few years ago...but Svatos isn't even close to being in Nash's league. Sell high with that kid.

Finally...while I'll never forgive Andrew Brunette for scoring the goal that ended the great Patrick Roy's career...he has to be the most underrated player in the whole NH and L. He always works hard, and produces...especially when paired with Sakic. He's a slick passer, and surprisingly strong on the puck...and that goal he scored against the Cansucks awhile ago was tremendous.

Whoops. This is a rambling...silly post.

Bye bye.
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote