View Single Post
Old 01-19-2008, 09:32 AM   #2424
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post
I prefer those musicians who are dedicated to achieving the highest level of musicianship possible AND having fun.

Nothing wrong with complexity as long as it's sincere and not just an effort to impress, IMO.
LABF, you're a professional, so I need your opinion (unless it's different than mine). I was a freshman in college, like 19 years old, and we were jamming with this guy who was a big shot senior or some damn thing (6th year trust fund senior). He wasn't a very good player really, but he lived in a great house with senior guys and had a lotta money and great car (who drives a convertible in Boulder?) and great gear - really really great gear (LP Gold Top, Strat, Mesa Boogie head + Marshall 4x12, Ovation Patriot which was cool at the time anyway).

So, he had this great gear, and was a jazz guy too, and we were at his house listening to Al DeMeola (whom he worshipped), and I said something like "he reminds me of Eddie Van Halen in that speed and flash kinda come first." Well, he lit into me a bit, and actually said something like, "man, you need to buy some Stridex and listen to some decent music, then come back in a year and tell me what you think." Everyone laughed - even my friends! And LABF, there were GIRLS THERE!! AND THEY LAUGHED TOO!!!!

I'm still not over it ... I need to heal from this, LABF.

TELL ME I WAS RIGHT ABOUT AL DEMEOLA!

HEAL ME LABF!

HEAL ME!!

BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote