View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007, 12:55 PM   #159
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
well going by history, no injury, no suspension, and yes that is still wrong, i do however wonder if the fact that its a flyer will mean that he gets a game or 2.

In breaking news Mike Richards was suspended by the NHL today for 5 games. Richards was attempting to score when he inadvertantly hit the goalie in the chest with the puck. Campbell explained that while Richard's intention was not to hurt the goalie, the 5 hole was wide open and Richard's should have shot there. Bad shots are no excuse for hurting a goalie.

I could be wrong but I think a "match penalty" is an automatic suspension. It could be just an automatic game misconduct but I beleive a suspension is mandatory as well. Probably a 2 gamer.
Not to make light of the hit but now that Hartnell is done his suspension, Cote would have been a healthy scratch anyway. Tolpeka has been playing great and took Cote's playing time. When Hartnell got suspended, Cote regained his playing time. Whe everyone was available, The Flyers were using Cote in games where they wanted more toughness (Rangers, Devils, well, East Coast hockey). They were dressing Tolpeka against speedier, more skilled teams. With Minn and the Avs on deck, Tolpeka would have dressed anyway.
Tolpeka is very fast, hits well and seems to have very good skill. I'd love to see him with Briere or Richards. His talent is being wasted with Eager and Dowd.
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote