View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 01:41 PM   #130
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
hey pbn do you tailgate at hockey games ? i may be coming down to philly for the december 27th game vs the leafs, i wanna make sure im there when the doors open, so what time is that ?

n yeah heck of a game last night, nice to see the sens coming back to earth.
It depends on who I go with. When I am with my son, we just go right in. He loves to get right behind the Flyers bench for warm-ups that way he can say hi to all the players and get pucks!
If I go with buddies, we sit outside and have a few cold one's until about 10 minutes before they drop they puck.

They open the doors 1 hour before gametime. Rush over to the flyers bench area and you will most likely be able to get down there. Bring a camera bro. The players stretch along the boards in front of the bench. They are literally 2 feet away. I would say that a handful of players will acknowledge you if you call their name. They will look right at you. Jimmy Dowd, Riley Cote, Mike Knuble, Scott Hartnell, Scottie Upshall seem to be the ones who interact the most. You may be able to get a stick, glove or puck if you ask.

So.... there is a lot of speculation about Jeff Carter getting traded. Of course the front office denies it but it makes sense. The Flyers have about 7 UFA coming up and there is no way they can keep them all. Umberger, Richards, Jason Smith and Carter are among the 7. Carter and Richards are gonna look to get the big payday. Richards is a must keep, Umberger won't demand a fraction of what Carter and Richards will cost. It's gonna suck to see Carter go but I think it's only a matter of time. Salary Cap Hockey blows. The Flyers were always willing to spend to win. Now, they have to make tough decision's on who to keep or more importantly, what young stud has to go.
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote