View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 11:28 PM   #625
want2bAbronco2
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1BroncoFan View Post
"The Gunslinger" is the first book in the "Dark Tower" series and the series is awesome. There are several other books that tie in, "Insomnia," "The Eyes of the Dragon," and "The Stand" are just three of them (if you want a complete list, let me know).

There are over 20 Pern books. The original Pern storyline is extremely good and very much worth the time to read while the others are hit and miss. The ones you reall need to read are, "Dragonflight "Dragonquest" "The White Dragon" "All the Weyrs of Pern." All the other Pern novels revolve around these four.

The original Shanhara series is only three books. "The Sword of Shannara," "The Elfstones of Shannara," and "The Wishsong of Shannara." The others are additional to the original trilogy. I've read "The Sword of Shannara" and found it to be good, but not all that.

Don't bother with "The Wheel of Time." They're dry and slow paced and so blatently derivative that Robert Jordan should be paying royalties to other authors.
That would be great if you can give me a list of all the books (Dark Tower). A friend at work is selling a ton of books to the lib. so I get first pick of them. I haven't heard of a lot of them, so I figured I would ask. I just started the Shanhara series, have heard good things about it. Friend said the Pern series was really good in some books and kinda odd in others. Thats what I was worried about with "wheels of time" have heard sooooo many people say good things about them, but have had just as many say they are so dry and slow. (good thing I held off on that series!)

Any other recommendations? I love mid evil fantasy and star wars/mass effect type books.
want2bAbronco2 is offline   Reply With Quote