Old 11-15-2007, 06:58 PM   #3
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrod View Post
**** I just figured out how to say his name.

Who will they go after I dont figure they would bring up someone (young) at that position while having young pitchers.

Any solid affordable vets out there.
I'd say Michael Barrett (depending on what San Diego decides to do with him in arbitration), Paul LoDuca, and Jason Kendall - in that order. Chris Ianetta, last year's opening day starter, is also an option. I would like to think they'll avoid that - they said a few weeks ago they would like to leave him in Colorado Springs in 2008. They brought him up too early, and it really messed him up. He's something like the organizations fifth "catcher of the future." None of the other guys really did much (other than Brad Ausmus - and he did it for a different team).

Barrett would be my first choice - assuming San Diego doesn't offer him arbitration (that would mean the Rockies would have to give San Diego their 2008 1st-round draft pick if they signed him). His offense would be an upgrade over Torrealba, and he's been around long enough that he should be able to work well with our young pitchers. He's terrible defensively, though.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote