Old 11-14-2007, 12:45 AM   #213
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default Yell at Bettman hour!

Link

Gary Bettman will be doing his best Howard Stern impression as the Commish will be hosting his own live radio show on XM called "NHL Hour", to be co-hosted by the moustached one, Bill Clement. Starting Tuesday, November 27th, the show will run 4-5pm on the NHL Home Ice channel 204 and through the leagues website, NHL.com. Beginning December 6, the show will run every Thursday at the same time slot (which makes me think why they just didn't start on November 29th or on December 6th to begin with.

"The candid, interactive talk radio show will be hosted by a rotation of League executives, including Commissioner Bettman, Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly, and Senior Executive VP of Hockey Operations Colin Campbell. The show will be co-hosted by XM sports host and former NHL player Bill Clement.

NHL Hour will provide fans with the latest news and events from the highest levels of the NHL. The show encourages fans to submit questions via phone and email. To submit questions to NHL Hour call 1-877-NHL-ON-XM (1-877-645-6696) or email homeice@xmradio.ca."

So there you have it fans, your chance to b**** about any NHL topic to the heads of the league. I actually love this idea for the fans to finally feel as if they have a voice to the higher-ups in the league. It's the first time the fans have direct access to a leagues upper management. My only worry is that it doesn't become an hour of NHL-fluff and that the league execs are asked tough questions. I can picture Colin Campbell telling a caller that he's a "hoser".
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote