View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 08:57 PM   #8
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco LB 52 View Post
So we're supposed to take your subjective opinion to heart on this because you watched a few games on TV. A vast majority of the baseball community believes Rollins getting the Gold Glove is a farce. Rollins is an above-average defensive SS, but Tulo was the best in the league and deserved the accolades. This isn't an indictment on Rollins, just a quarrel with the best defensive shortstop in the league not getting his pub.

Tulo gets to more balls than Rollins. They now have a metric that measures that.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/...umn=zoneRating
"A vast majority of the baseball community believes Rollins getting the Gold Glove is a farce"

Can you produce a link or something credible that backs up that statement? or, are you referring to all the "diehard" colorado fans?

"Tulo gets to more balls than Rollins. They now have a metric that measures that."

You really aren't saying that with a straight face are you? Do you really buy that, what did they call it.... "Range factor" as a stat? If you buy that garbage, there is no hope for you as a baseball man.

You can't judge range as a stat. It really doesn't matter what I think or what Rockies "fans" think. If you need proof that Rollins is the best Defensive SS in the NL (and offensive btw), take the time and poll the NL's opposing fans. I hear it from the Marlins, Nats, Stros, Cubs, Braves and Mets fans all the time. Chit, if a Met fan can admit that Rollins is better then Reyes, I'm sure they will agree he is better then Tulo.

Don't take it as a knock on Tulo. The kid is a stud. He has all the upside, but, right now, Rollins is better in EVERY aspect of the game.

Last edited by phillybroncosnut; 11-13-2007 at 09:01 PM..
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote