View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 11:00 AM   #65
Swedish Extrovert
President of the Universe

Formerly known as mightysmurf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bruton

I'm pretty excited about the Avs this year. After perhaps the most dissappointing season they've ever had (up there with 03-04), they look pretty good this year. Theo is looking a lot better this year too.

I'm only worried about holding on to our young crop, who look to be very good for a long time. I'm talking about Stasny, Wolski, Liles, and Svatos.

Leopold is worthless (imagine if we never traded Tanguay for him).

All this amidst the possibility - if only ever so slight - that Forsberg might return this year.

If, hypothetically, Forsberg does return this year, I say give him what he wants. Even if he turns out to be a washed up 2nd or 3rd liner, it would be worth it having him on the team based on his history, leadership, and grit. I still think he's one of the best defensive fowards, and his offensive skill are still very good (55 points in 57 games last year).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
send him to minors in Lake Erie

DENVER (AP) -Colorado forward Brad Richardson, sidelined by an offseason wrist injury, was cleared to play Wednesday and reassigned to the Avalanche's AHL affiliate.

He'll play for the Lake Erie Monsters in Cleveland.

Richardson, who was injured during offseason workouts before training camp, posted career highs in games played (73), goals (14) and points (22) last season with the Avalanche. Richardson had three shorthanded goals and three game-winning goals last season.
Hell no.

Richardson was a great 3rd line guy for us last year. He brings energy, and decent talent for his role. He's at least better suited for the Avs than Wyatt Smith, Hlinka, or even Guite - he's younger too.
Swedish Extrovert is offline   Reply With Quote