Old 11-08-2007, 08:02 PM   #20
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default Patrice Bergeron held a press conference today

Link

"If you see a number, if you see the back of a player, just don't hit," Bergeron said.

Bergeron said he wanted to send that message not just to kids, but to the NHL and his fellow players.

"We need to realize, and think about the consequences when you go for a hit like that," Bergeron said. "Hitting is part of the game, but not from behind.
Related Info

* Habs in Boston to face Bruins
* Bergeron Speaks

"Throughout the league, as players, we need to respect each other a little bit more. I think something maybe needs to be done.

Bergeron was injured on a hit from behind by Philadelphia's Randy Jones on October 27 and has not played since. He suffered a Grade 3 concussion and a broken nose on the play.

Jones was suspended two games for the hit. Bergeron noted that Jones had left an apologetic message for him after the incident.

"I'm not here to say bad things about Randy Jones," Bergeron said. "It's more about trying to change things and make sure it's not going to happen to anyone else."

Making his first public appearance since suffering the injury, Bergeron was wearing a neck brace. Although he said he feels better than he did a week ago, Bergeron said there was no time-table for his return.

"I'd be lying if I said I was feeling good right now," Bergeron said.

Bergeron still gets dizzy if he walks more than about 200 feet and said he still can't do all the every day things he used to be able to do.

"No one would like to be in my position right now. At the same time, I'm actually walking - it could be worse."
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote