Old 10-22-2007, 06:30 PM   #143
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default Raffi Torres was not suspended

Link

The maximum fine allowed under the CBA is $2,500.

If Torres is subject to any future supplementary discipline from the league, he will be considered a repeat offender because of the fine.

Torres landed a blindsided hit to the head of Moss in Saturday's contest, knocking him out of the game with a concussion. He returned briefly in the Flames' 4-1 victory, but was then pulled for precautionary reasons. Torres received a tripping penalty on the play.

''I'm sure it looked like a head shot, but if I was really trying to hurt him, I would have put my elbow up or my shoulder. His jaw hit me. He ran into me,'' Torres told the Edmonton Journal.

''Apparently, Torres has some history of doing that, '' Calgary coach Mike Keenan said. ''I don't know that myself personally . that was the feedback I had from our coaches.''

Last November, Torres hit then Red Wings forward Jason Williams with his shoulder with enough impact to send him face-first to the ice, taking 30 stitches to repair a cut on Williams' forehead.

A year earlier, Torres knocked Milan Michalek out of two playoff games with an open-ice hit in the Oilers series against the San Jose Sharks.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote