Originally Posted by Rohirrim
Morally, it's the right action but there couldn't be a worse time to do it. It just shows me what a mammoth bonehead Pelosi is. We are in a war. Our men and women are dying. This is not the time to make grandstand gestures that mean pretty much nothing, but might harm our strategic interests.
I really don't see it that way. Congress can huff and they can puff put it wont revive the life of one dead Armenian. The time to act was then. It is past. This is damn near as silly as issuing a non-binding resolution condemning Germany for its treatment of the Jews during WWII. Imagine the reaction that would draw in Germany. Yes, I realize that unlike the Turks, the Germans have owned up to their national culpability. Yet pretty much all the Turks who are guilty have also passed on due to old age. So, who are we punishing?
While the windbags in Congress are at it, why stop at Armenia? I say they draw up non-binding resolutions condemning the following:
1. German treatment of Jews during WWII
2. Japanese treatment of pretty much everyone during WWII
3. English treatment of Irish.
4. Spanish treatment of Indians in the new world and Jews during the Inquisition.
5. The Dutch for beginning the slave trade.
6. The Macedonians for invading Persia.
7. The Romans (Italians) for sowing Carthage with salt so it would never be inhabited again.
Oh, and we could go on and on. The great thing about Political Correctness is that if you go far enough back in history, EVERYONEs been a victim.
Then, 6 months after we draw up non-binding resolutions body slamming the world for its treatment of its neighbors, lets go ask those same nations for help. Then we can wonder why they give us the political bird.