View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 04:45 AM   #2
rubaiyat
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMElway View Post
Wow, I'm surprised more Rox fans aren't in here talking about the game. They looked amazing vs. the Dbacks tonight. Great defense, very good pitching, and smart, patient, timely hitting. My only question is:

When did the Rockies get this damn good? It has seemed that they were the cellar dwellers of the west for 14 years. To have all this young talent come together, especially in the last part of September, is amazing.

So, be honest. How many Rox fans honestly thought the playoffs were a possibility this year? And, will this success continue, or are the Rockies a flash in the pan?
I thought the playoffs were a possibility...more than simply nonzero.

But I honestly can't state I thought they had a GOOD chance. I figured the pitching of SD/Arizona would keep them decent, the Gigantes would suck it up or maybe pull off mediocre and the Dodgers might pull it together.

I even counted them out at 4 games back. Figured with Arizona, SD, Atlanta, and LA for 2 spots, it would be just too much for a young team.

And even when we smoked it, the Phillies started getting it together, and it still took an unprecedented collapse by the Mets to at least assist the Rockies in.

This is a storybook year, and I'm loving it.
rubaiyat is offline   Reply With Quote