View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 11:34 PM   #316
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3055583

Pittsburgh Penguins center Sidney Crosby was back on the ice Tuesday morning after missing Monday's practice because of a bruised right foot.

"It's already swollen and bruised and, with a couple of days in between [games], I don't want to go out there and make it swell up," Crosby told local reporters Monday. "I just want to get the swelling down and make sure it's ready for Wednesday [against Montreal]."

Crosby, who said he intends to play Wednesday, hurt the foot while blocking a shot by Anaheim defenseman Francois Beauchemin in Saturday's 5-4 victory over the Ducks.

Local reports said X-rays didn't detect any fractures in the foot.

"It was a different foot, so I didn't think it was the same thing," Crosby told reporters. "There was pain there, so obviously something went through my mind, but the X-rays were negative so that's a good sign."

Thoughts automatically turned to the spring, when Crosby played the final weeks of the season and playoffs with a stress fracture in his left foot. The Penguins didn't reveal that injury until after they were eliminated in the first round by the Ottawa Senators.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote