View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 12:55 PM   #705
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

TEAM CHAOS

My goal was to put a team on the floor that would compete in this recreational tournament like it was the 7th game of the NBA finals. Tough, defensive minded with guys that can get hot and carry the load offensively at any point in time. On the defensive side of the ball our goal is to rough you up and impose our will on you....legally or illegally. If there are 6 fouls to give per player every guy's intent is to give up 5....and make them meaningful.

PG Isiah Thomas: ABSOLUTE BEAST of a competitor. Probably the best way to put his guts into words is using the example of the 1987 Finals when he left the game in the 3rd quarter with a badly sprained ankle...this guy comes back in the fourth, hobbled and puts up 26, limping the entire time. Never afraid to get in someone's face...temmate or opponent

TWO NBA CHAMPIONSHIPS (one FINALS MVP)...3 NBA ALL-FIRST TEAM...12 TIME ALL-STAR...FINISHED with 9.7 APG and 19.7 PPG

SG GEORGE GERVIN: Gervin is my scoring machine...not to say he couldn't play any defense but he is my scoring rock. Guy shot .511 in his career....511!!!!! He was a 9 time NBA All-Star...and a 5 time NBA First Teamer

ONLY WILT AND JORDAN HAD MORE SCORING TITLES THAN GERVIN...pLUS HE WON 4 TITLES AND WON 3 IN A ROW!!!

CENTER ALONZO MOURNING -- Perhaps a bit of a reach in Round 3 but I wanted a 7 footer who could play defense and keep up the intensity of the team...Two time Defensive Player of the Year and a 7 time All-Star..known for his intensity and defense but the center scored over 17 PPG in his career...recorded 327 DOUBLE DOUBLES

SF BERNARD KING -- Would have been a first ballot hall of fame lock if it wasn't for a knee injury...was NBA first team twice ('84, '85) in the peak of his career. He averaged over 22 points per game for his career. From '81 to '85 he was one of the most dominant scorers playing in one of the toughest areas (Tri-State/NYC)...Named comeback player of the year in 1981...posted three 50+ games in the 84-85 campaign and had one where he poured in 60....In '91, yes ten years after he was comeback player of the year, he finished 3rd in scoring behind Jordan and Malone...

PF DENNIS RODMAN - THE WORM!!! He will be the rebounding machine on this squad....with all the scoring going on, Mourning and Rodman will be free to hit the boards and play solid defense....

LED LEAGUE IN REBOUNDING FOR 7 STRAIGHT SEASONS
5 NBA CHAMPIONSHIPS
2 TIME DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR
NBA ALL DEFENSIVE TEAM 7 TIMES

BENCH

Grant Hill - injuries killed his HOF career
MAURICE LUCAS - YAHOO! this guy....intense competitor
RON ARTEST - 3 time all Defensive 1st Team, career 15.4 PPG
WORLD B. FREE - 44 inch vertical, 30.8 PPG (1980)
EMEKA OKAFOR - outstanding defensive player, force down low
MUGGSY BOGUES - assist machine...pesky defense
JOHN STARKS - one Defensive First Team, one Sixth man Award

COACH : PAUL SILAS : THE ONLY GUY THAT WOULD TAKE THE JOB!!!
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote