View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 10:06 AM   #640
Man-Goblin
Giving You The Business

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mister Cobble

I need some more girth and a guy who can play the 4 or the 5, so I take...

F/C Brad Miller

After college Miller was signed by the Charlotte Hornets as an undrafted free agent. He played for the Hornets for two seasons before signing with the Chicago Bulls as a free agent. In February of 2002, he was traded by the Bulls with Ron Mercer, Ron Artest and Kevin Ollie to the Indiana Pacers for Jalen Rose, Travis Best, Norman Richardson, and a second-round draft pick. In Indiana he made his first NBA All-Star Team during the 2002-2003 season.
During the 2003 offseason, he was involved in a sign-and-trade with the Sacramento Kings. He was signed to a multi-year deal by Indiana and then traded to the Kings in exchange for Scot Pollard. In the same trade, the Kings sent Hidayet Turkoglu to San Antonio Spurs, San Antonio traded Danny Ferry to Indiana and Indiana traded Ron Mercer to San Antonio. Miller made his second All-Star Game appearance during his first season with the Kings. While singing with the Kings Miller stated that "I wanted to stay with Indiana but my agent said that the money I could make with Sacramento was just too good to pass up and I would never get this kind of contract again."
While playing for the Chicago Bulls, on January 12, 2002, Miller gave a hard foul to Los Angeles Lakers center Shaquille O'Neal. O'Neal responded by swinging at the back of Miller's head, barely missing him.

THE team (final)...

Flying Lithuanians
PG - Dennis Johnson
SG - Jerry West
SF - Rick Barry
PF - Kevin McHale
C - Bob Lanier

G - Vinnie Johnson
PF - Shawn Kemp
G/F - Walter Davis
C - Joe Barry Carroll
PG - Chris Paul