Thread: Bonds hits #756
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 12:37 PM   #73
dbfan4life
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
its MCGWIRE, Mark McGwire. Come on people, you're killing me here.
Who gives a ****. He's a cheater just the same.

Quote:
Sorry but that is a dumb argument. First of all that was before the whole steroids thing came about. Secondly it was because of those players that Barry supposedly starting juicing and after 1997 is when his numbers really started to jump. Most people if you asked them today would despise the fact that those two were even applauded for their feats. Third, Barry has continually tried to hide or deny he used roids. He beat out a guy who earned his record and who had to play in a time where he endured constant racism and even death threats , yet continued to play with class. Barry Bonds has no clue what the term class means.
I'm not saying Barry didn't cheat. I could care less that he never got caught. All I know was that Barry's not the only one to use and deny. There are many others who have used and have not even been questioned. Why? Because they sucked. Being stronger doesn't help you suck less. I don't think performane enhancers helped Barry's hand-eye coordination. Did they? Maybe instead of blasting 500 ft shots he would have only hit the ball 400 ft. Still a HR. **** it. It's his record and I'm glad I got to see it happen.
dbfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote