View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 10:36 AM   #69
Arkansas Bronco
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApaOps5 View Post
Sorry but that is a dumb argument. First of all that was before the whole steroids thing came about. Secondly it was because of those players that Barry supposedly starting juicing and after 1997 is when his numbers really started to jump. Most people if you asked them today would despise the fact that those two were even applauded for their feats. Third, Barry has continually tried to hide or deny he used roids. He beat out a guy who earned his record and who had to play in a time where he endured constant racism and even death threats , yet continued to play with class. Barry Bonds has no clue what the term class means.
I was wrong that year of the McGuire and Sosa because I started yelling juiced ball about mid-season never having a clue of the roids. But from watching MLB for over 20 years and just seen a few approach 50 and shortly off a strike I had a feeling something was fixed. I thought all of it was a scam to get people back never realy thinking that a large part of the players were juicing. Barry stole (literaly) this record.
Arkansas Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote