View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 07:48 PM   #603
No1BroncoFan
Old School

If you have to ask, you don't know

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncolife View Post
***SPOILERS***** mostly for the Order of the phoenix movie but a few minor ones for Harry Potter 7.

I said blood bath because she was knocking off so many characters. Plus over 50 namless people died at the end. I thought the last chapter should had been longer, she didnt explain what happend to the rest of the characters and it all seemed kind of cheesy.I did like the kids name though A.S.P. I also would have liked Ginny and Luna to have had bigger roles. But the book was great. I went and reread(listen to 5 and 6) all the books right before the 7th book came out. Plus watched all the movies again. I did go see Order of the Phoenix. I was disappointed. It was good, but I thought it was to choppy and rushed. It really needed to be 3 hours to be great.Plus I really didnt like the fight scene at the end. I hated the deatheater fight with them flying around in clouds of smoke. At the time I had no idea were they got that crap from. But you find out in book seven and even then there is only two people who can do it.Plus Dumbledore fight needed to be longer and there needed to be a better explanation of the prophecy.Thought Cho changs kiss was to long and didnt like her being the betrayer. I was really disapointed in Snapes flashback. After seeing it I was ready to give up on my theory of him and Lily. Anyways Im sad there isnt going to be anymore Harry Potter. It would nice if she started another series with Ted, asp or anyone really. Just having it in the same world would be nice.Kind of like the star treks.

For the people who like to read backwards
***SPOILERS***** mostly for the Order of the phoenix movie but a few minor ones for Harry Potter 7
I have to disagree. I've never found a series of books that was a spin-off from another series that was worth a damn. It works for television, especially the Star Trek universe where the five series cover 300+ years, but I've never seen it work for books. I'm looking forward to the next J.K. Rowling series, but I really hope it's something fresh.

I also have to disagree with Potter 5. Rowling really didn't handle the whole Harry/Cho thing well at all, just letting it fade/fizzle (more like Harry forgot he had a girlfriend). Setting her up as the betrayer of the DA handles that situation better and eliminates 15 minutes of film time for of background work for a minor character. Granted, one of the strengths of Rowlings work is the way she uses minor characters, but Hollywood doesn't have time to develop minor characters for feature films. Really, OOTP did the best job of maintaining the story and eliminating the things that wouldn't play well on the big screen. Sure there were problems with it, but you'll never see a novel made into a book and not see differences. Usually glaring differences that completely ruin the enjoyment factor if you've read the book. I think the biggest adaptation challenges are still ahead of them in 6 and 7. "Half-Blood Prince" could be very good or very bad but my expectations for "Deathly Hallows" are very low. There is so little they can afford to cut out and leave the story intact that unless they make it 3-4 hours long it's probably gonna suck.

Ben
No1BroncoFan is offline   Reply With Quote