View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 12:14 AM   #521
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer

Angry guntoting,meateating AMERICAN

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW

I'm taking one of the best players no body knows about and that gives me two of them in Sidney Moncrief and Mitch Richmond.

Moncrief's NBA career started with the Milwaukee Bucks in 1979 when he was drafted 5th overall. Moncrief spent the next 10 seasons with the Bucks. After sitting out of the NBA for one year, Moncrief ended his career with one season with the Atlanta Hawks before calling it quits for good.

Moncrief was known for his versatility on the court, particularly given his 6' 4" stature, but was most known for his tenacious defensive play. Moncrief was named the NBA Defensive Player of the Year for the 1982-83 and 1983-84 seasons. He also made the All-Star team 4 times and was named to the All-NBA first team for the 1982-83 season. Moncrief averaged over 20 points a game 4 seasons in his career and finished his 11 year NBA career with an average of 15.6 points per game. For his accomplishments with the Bucks, his #4 jersey was retired.

Among Moncrief's admirers was Michael Jordan who once described his on court intensity to an L.A. Times reporter: "When you play against Moncrief, you're in for a night of all-around basketball. He'll hound you everywhere you go, both ends of the court. You just expect it."[1]

In 2006, Moncrief returned to basketball as the head coach of the Fort Worth Flyers, a professional basketball team in the NBA D-League

2 time defensive player of the year. Gives me a one of the best Defensive backcourts out there teamed with The Glove.

LUDO is on the clock pick was made at 830 PST.
azbroncfan is offline   Reply With Quote