My gf says it's not funny - that we were cruel. So there are several points I'd like to clarify:
1. I was too kind in describing Ariel. He was a petulant, rude 56 year-old brat.
2. He had no place to be that day - we knew that.
3. We thought Marty would see him and wake him up befoire getting in the truck.
4. When Marty got in drove away, we were able to follow wherever he might have gone.
5. He wasn't full-on crying when we picked him up, he was just blubbering and cursing Marty.
Actually, his first reaction in the parking lot was, "thank God you're here!" before he saw we were laughing