Old 07-04-2007, 12:12 AM   #1735
Turf Shaman
Seasoned Veteran

Use in moderation.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Samuel Adams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtbrncofn View Post
Giguere was sliding way down on my likeability scale til he pulled off the Smyth and Hannan deals. Then I go read **** like this and he gets right back where he was before.
From Spectors:

DENVER POST: Adrian Dater reports Colorado Avalanche GM Francois Giguere hinted that the possibility of bringing back Peter Forsberg may not happen, citing a desire not to alter the team chemistry much more from its current makeup. Giguere also won't re-sign UFA blueliner Ossi Vaananen.

What a doorknob.
I saw the press conference... Dater (who is generally a pretty good reporter) is making an interpretation, and IMO, an invalid one. Dater asked him about Forsberg, and Giguere danced around the question with some GM speak. Nothing more to it than that. I don't think it has any bearing what so ever on whether or not the Avs are interested in bringing back Forsberg. I'm sure if Forsberg decides he wants to play in the NHL and is willing to work with the Avs cap situation with regards to a contract, the Avs would bring him back.

I'm not sure what there is to be so down on Giguere about, before or after these signings. I mean seriously, Lacroix completely bumbled his way through the first part of the salary cap era then left a huge mess on the plate of Giguere... frankly I think Giguere has done a phenomenal job cleaning it up. As it stands the one final mess to clean up is Theodore, and that will be gone after this season. I can't think of one really bad move Giguere has made...
Turf Shaman is offline   Reply With Quote